- Mrs Lorraine Burke
- Mrs Lynsey Harris
- Miss Audrey Smith
|Afternoon session||12.03pm - 4pm|
Letham Primary School and Nursery Class
Recently we have been focusing on how we can promote a breastfeeding friendly culture in our nursery. Staff have received training and we have written a breastfeeding policy for the nursery. It is known that breastfeeding can have enormous benefit to the health of both the mother and the child. However, as well as "knowing the benefits", supportive environments are needed to enable and support breastfeeding.
At Letham Nursery we:
- Use positive and culturally appropriate images of breastfeeding
- Avoid materials which promote artificial feeding
- Provide appropriate education and training for staff to enable them to promote, protect and support breastfeeding
- Increase awareness of sources of support and information for breastfeeding families
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for breastfeeding families and to encourage breastfeeding in the public areas of the establishment
- Support informed choice in relation to infant feeding.